in my headphones //

11:16 PM


Once again, it's Sunday and I haven't prepared anything to post. So in case you're wondering, "How does she post twice a week? Does she always have everything planned out way ahead of time?"...

...Um, no, I don't. I'm the queen of procrastination. *coughs*

With no other ideas lurking in the back of my brain, I fell back on an easy idea. I thought today that I would share some music that I've been listening to lately. 

Music is one of the few creative areas I actually haven't talked about much on here. Despite that, I love music, and it is one of the things that really brings me joy in life. Perhaps sometime I will actually share some footage/recordings of my own violin playing (key word here: perhaps), but for now, you'll have to make do with favorite songs of mine.


 P L A Y L I S T S


Here's the playlist I have compiled for the month of June. As you can see, the primary "themes" of the month seemed to be home and nature (particularly trees). This was mostly accidental, haha. I've really gotten into folk music recently, and you'll see a lot of that on there.





I've also begun a playlist for the summer. This is an ongoing process, and I'll keep adding to it over the next couple months. There's a wide variety of music here, so you'll most likely find something you enjoy. ;)




S O N G S

I realize that not everyone has Spotify (which saddens me because Spotify is the most epic thing on the planet), so I'm including links to a few YouTube songs that I've been listening to as well. That way nobody will miss out.

// Steady - for KING & COUNTRY

// Coming Home - Rend Collective

// Trees - The Oh Hellos

// Nobody Knows - The Lumineers

// Not All Heroes Wear Capes - Owl City (A NEW SONG AHHHH)

// Tomorrow - Unspoken

// It's Only a Paper Moon - Frank Sinatra

// You're Welcome - Moana soundtrack

// Indiana Jones and the Arabian Nights - ThePianoGuys

// Multiplied - NEEDTOBREATHE

// Train Station - The Gray Havens

I am not responsible for all the time you just wasted on YouTube. ;)

Which song is your favorite? Would you like more music posts in the future? Most importantly, do you have any music recommendations? I'm always on the hunt for new music!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Loved this post, Mary!! I'll have to check out some of those videos! :-)
    And YES YES YES you should share some footage/recordings of you playing your violin!! I will if you do! (If that helps... :-))

    ~Skylar Reese

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some awesome songs in there! And I love all your spotify playlists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, do I see a Twenty One Pilots song??

    "We Don't Believe What's On TV" is one of my top favorites :-)

    |-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhhh I love your music style! Its very similar to mine! I love it how you listen to a variety of every genres! Great playlists!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song! I've just recently gotten out of the "You're-Welcome"-from-Moana-on-repeat-in-my-head phase. :) You seem to have a lot of Owl City songs? Which one's your favorite?

    teensliveforjesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a great idea, Mary! I've done something similar on my blog too.
    I was happy to see all the Rend Collective songs on there, I LOVE Rend Collective. <3 Also, you listen to Twenty One Pilots?? I really enjoy his music. I love the way each of his songs tells a story--in a vague, flowery way, so YOU are really the one that gets to tell the story.

    ReplyDelete