i got a new bookshelf! - bookish photography //

4:01 PM


Welllll...guess what I finally got? (If you said my sanity then you are a) incapable of reading the title and b) incorrect because I never had sanity in the first place.) 

I GOT A NEW BOOKSHELF!! *screams and hugs my bookshelf* (Yes, I really did this.)

This has been a long time coming. I started really needing a new bookshelf last spring, but we haven't been able to find a white one in any of the stores. Which is really weird??

My mom surprised me last week by bringing home this bookshelf and then my dad assembled it the next day. I AM SO PLEASED WITH THIS BEAUTIFULNESS. I maaaaay be a little obsessed but shhh, don't tell. 

This is such a momentous occasion that I had to devote an entire post to it. SO HERE YOU GO. Enjoy my hurriedly snapped photos which actually didn't turn out that well. Oooops. 

There's one more shelf on the bottom but I was too lazy to switch out my bigger lens
for the short one. That's why you only see four shelves in this picture. :P
The bottom shelf. It includes books I'm currently reading/library books on the right side and miscellaneous ones on the left that I couldn't fit on the other shelves.




The bottom shelf in its entirety. ;)
The fourth shelf, right above the bottom one. I continue my historical section on this shelf (minus Close to You--that's contemporary but for some reason I put it in the historical section. :P) Then you have the children's/juvenile fiction. And the stack of books on the far right is my thrillers/action books.


This candle, though...*sighs happily* IT SMELLS HEAVENLY.



The third shelf. I have all my Tolkien books on the left (with my Gandalf snowglobe ;D), plus King's Blood and all the rest of my historical fiction to the right of that.




Finally finished this flower wreath! I gave it to my mom for Mother's Day, and I'm working on another one now. They're a lot of fun to make. ^_^
The second shelf! All my lovely fantasy books. <3 (I also have some tsum tsums my friend knitted, a beautiful key, and a glass dolphin.)
Don't ask why I have The Dark Unwinding and A Spark Unseen here...I wasn't thinking and labeled them as fantasy. *facepalm* (Oh well. At least they look nice there. XD)


Here's my top shelf, which has a bunch of beautiful classics along with The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, which just happened to fit this stand I have. 




Now you've met my new bookshelf! Isn't it gorgeous?? I'm slightly addicted to staring at my books now. 

Which shelf was your favorite? Did you recognize some of the books on my shelf? And how do you have your shelves organized? (If you don't, well, that's fine. Mine used to have no order whatsoever. XD)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. As I said before: GORGEOUS. I'm not jealous, noooo, not at all... ;D This makes me want to reorganize my shelves! (Which means cleaning my room too, and that thought just drained me of all motivation. XD)

    By the way, I'm officially following Silvery Horizons now--that's been too long in coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm rather pleased with my beautiful new bookcase. ^_^ Hehe, nope, not jealous at all. ;) (Lol, I would say I related, but my room honestly looks decent. My closet on the other hand...*cowers in fear* XD)

      Yay!!! So glad to have you along, dear! <3

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I love how organized your bookshelf is! Mine is pretty. . . random. =) But I'm trying to group all my Tolkien books together too. Which Tolkien ones do you own? You seemed to have quite the stack. . .
    I like the way you decorated your bookshelf and made it so pretty. <3 You're such an artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hanna! I have some things scattered throughout, but it's pretty organized for the most part. :) I have three different sets of LotR (yes, I'm obsessed with collecting them #noshame). Only two are on this shelf. I also have two different copies of The Hobbit, a biography on Tolkien, The Inklings (which is a book about the Inklings group that Tolkien was a part of), and then The Histories of Middle Earth Vol. 1-5, which also aren't on my shelf. SO YES. I have a lot. ;)

      Thank you so much, Hanna! Making things pretty is something I enjoy doing, though whether or not I'm good at it is yet to be determined. XD

      Delete
  3. AH so pretty!!!!! (maybe I'll do a post like this. I just re organized mine + got a few new books.) I organized mine by well....... what fit it each shelf since they are different heights and I throw the series together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu!! YES DO IT. I want to see your bookshelf! Haha, I can relate. I have another bookshelf with varying heights for the shelves, so I really can't organize everything the way I would want. I mainly just group series together and fit what I can on it. :P

      Delete
  4. Booooooksss. Pretty books. :3 Your bookshelves are absolutely gorgeous.

    All your shelves are so pretty but probably the classics one. Old books. <3 AND YOU HAVE THE THIEF LORD. Have you read Inkheart?

    I have mine alphabetical by author, I couldn't stand it any other way. I do have all my non-fiction together, and my fiction with the exception of Tolkien. I have enough Tolkien books that they take up a shelf and a half on their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessssss, precious. BOOKS. Thank you! <3

      Oh yes, I love my classics shelf! (I'm slightly in love with my Alice in Wonderland copies. <333) YES I DO. Nope, haven't read Inkheart, actually. I found The Thief Lord for cheap at a used bookstore so naturally, I bought it. I still have yet to try out Cornelia Funke's books. ^_^

      Ah, yes. Mine are alphabetized within their respective genre. *nods* OH WOW. You have a lot of Tolkien books! I imagine mine would almost take up a full shelf if I put them all on that bookcase. I've spread mine out over multiple bookcases, though. ;)

      Delete
  5. OH MY HECK SO PRETTY MAN. it's literally goals. so gorgeous. so majestic. i love all of them, they're so artistically organized and AHAHASDFJDKLSA.

    Jazzy @ http://thrivinghope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASDKFJGL THANK YOU. Ack, your comment. <333 I just love organizing all my books. It's so pleasing to see them all organized and pretty. *sighs happily*

      Delete
  6. wOWWWW
    it's "practically perfect in every way" xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Thank you, Christal!! :D (That quote is the best.)

      Delete
  7. Why are girl's bookshelves always so much more aesthetically pleasing than guy's? LIKE WHAT EVEN. I aspire to doing a post with pics of my bookshelf but it's a mess so maybe not xD

    Also what kind of camera do you have because your pics are goals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I haven't really seen a lot of guys' bookshelves so don't ask me. XD OKAY YES YOU HAVE TO DO IT. I don't care if it's a mess JUST DO IT.

      ACK THANKS. I have a Nikon D3200. I swear it's 99% of the reason my pictures look presentable.

      Delete
  8. *fangirls for an age and a half* BOOKSHELVES. BOOKS. MARY'S GORGEOUS PHOTOGRAPHY. THIS POST HAS EVERYTHING!!! And I think those are the exact shelves I have! :O I have two of those and love them soooo much. They're so tall and nice.

    I love how you have it organized and decorated. You even have a stand for one. I LOVE THAT IDEA. And ooooh my goodness, our reading tastes are IDENTICAL. Basically every. single. book. there is one I either have or want. LITERALLY. ALL OF THEM. #BOOKTWINS

    OH. And your flower wreath drawing is GORGEOUSSSSS.

    EVERYTHING IS GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP CHRISTINE!!! Thank youuuu! WAIT REALLY? We got ours from Wal-Mart, haha. #soclassy But they look amazing, if I do say so myself. ^_^

      Thanks!! Yep, the stand is technically for plates I think, but um, hello? BOOKS ARE WAY BETTER THAN PLATES. (Though they're rather difficult to eat off of. XD) Waiiiiit really? O_O WE ARE TOTAL BOOKTWINS.

      *hugs you* THANKS DEAR. <3

      Delete
    2. Mine are from Wal-Mart too! We DO have the same shelves. :D

      Delete
    3. Whaaaat that's too funny! Totally twinning again, hehe. :D

      Delete
  9. BOOK SHELF!!!
    I wish mine could be so organized.
    We have the same copy of A Study in Scarlet/The Hound of the Baskervilles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Books are always a cause for excitement. ;) (Hehe, I love having things organized, but I admit sometimes it's difficult.)

      Ahhhh, cool! I got mine about a year ago at a used bookstore. ^_^

      Thanks for your comment, Kendra!

      Delete
  10. LOVED this post! So pretty and made me want to read so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Classic Girl! Books are the best, aren't they? :D

      Delete
  11. I loved your idea to put currently reading/library books all in one place!

    Currently, I have way more books on my kindle than I do print, but I do have "collections" on my kindle, so that's organization, right? Ebooks get a lot of trash talk, but when you have lived most of your life overseas they are incredible life-givers. Or book-givers, whatever. And I kind of (not always, but sometimes) like the idea of saving SO much space. Other times, I'm like, "but I can't brag before all my friends, showing them a grand bookshelf or anything..." But it is what it is. :)

    Loved your bookshelf! You definitely seem to be enjoying it!

    https://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete