summer road trip pt. 1 //

7:00 AM


At long last, I have returned from my summer road trip! In case you missed it, I went on a road trip with my family to the Smoky Mountains a couple weeks ago. We also visited Gatlinburg, TN; Asheville, NC (home of the Biltmore Estate); and Charlotte, NC. Quite honestly, it was probably the most relaxing trip I've ever taken. I didn't use my computer the entire week, and that was very refreshing.

We just got back last Saturday night, and as fun as the trip was, it feels great to be back home. Now that I'm back and using my computer again, I decided to share some of the photos I took on the trip. I took over 800 of them (*falls over*), so there will definitely be a part two for this post. ;)

Anyway, before I bore you to death, here are some photos from our trip!


pigeon forge, tn. //

Our Christmas hotel in Tennessee! This was honestly incredible. There were
cookies at night, a Christmas tree in the room,
and decorations everywhere. YES PLEASE.
The view from our hotel room. <3

the smoky mountains //


gatlinburg, tn. //

*blinks* Yeahhhh. I warned you I took a lot of pictures. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg, folks. (Anyone else always think of Owl City when they say that? No? Just me? Okay then. XD) Hope you all enjoyed the first part of my summer road trip adventure! We certainly had a wonderful time, and I already miss the mountains. I will be posting more pictures in a week or two. :)

Tell me: have you ever been to the Smoky Mountains? (And as usual, what's your favorite picture here?) Oh, and do you like road trips?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Oh, what gorgeous pictures! I love your style of photography, the way you capture snippets of things, the edges and details and close-ups. Sounds like you had a relaxing vacation!

    And yes, I totally think of Owl City. XD

    Looking forward to seeing more of the iceberg!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love looking for the intricate details in things. Finding beauty in the ordinary is my favorite part of photography!

      Lol, glad I'm not the only one!

      Hehe, thank you, darling. <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! This made me so happy! I've been to the Smokey Mountains...3 times I believe, and it just feels like home at this point. So all your pictures felt sooooo familiar and nostalgic. For some reason it's really fun to think we've been at the same place!

    I love Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, they're really great places! And that is SO COOL you stayed in the Christmas hotel!!! We've always wanted to but haven't. It sounds magical. Did you go through Cades Cove? From the pictures it looks like you did. I love that place!

    This post just brought back all my happy memories of our vacations there. And, like Tracey said, I LOVE your style, how you capture snippets and moments. It's all so beautiful.

    I look forward to more pics! (And, girl, soooo many things make me think of Owl City lyrics. It's probably getting ridiculous at this point. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhh, the Smoky Mountains are SO BEAUTIFUL. I have to admit, even after just one trip, they feel like home to me, too. And it makes them extra, extra special to know that you've been to the same places as me. ;)

      THE CHRISTMAS HOTEL. That was one of my favorite parts of the trip! (What can I say, I'm obsessed with Christmas. XD) Hm, I think it was actually the Roaring Fork trail. But we were considering going through Cades Cove. Maybe we'll do that next time. :)

      Awwww, I'm so glad!! It's always great to have places that are nostalgic and welcoming to us. AND THANK YOU, FRIEND. <3

      Thank you! (Lol, same though! It's probably a problem. XD)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pics, Mary! I love the pictures of the mountains themselves; they're beautiful. What was your favorite part of the trip?

    teensliveforjesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, the mountains are stunning. <3 (My happy place.)

      My favorite part? Probably just driving through the mountains and visiting all the lovely streams hidden amongst the greenery. It was so serene and peaceful and lovely. <3

      Delete
  4. Ahhh...you take such wonderful pictures!!!! I look forward to seeing more!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Morgan!!! We had an amazing trips, and I took sooo many pictures. ;0

      Delete
  5. "In mah Tennessee mountain home . . ."

    *hugs photos protectively*

    I love these, Mary!!!!! You captured the beauty of the Smokies SO perfectly, it's absolutely gorgeous. I have tried to do the same, on many occasions; and let's just say, my efforts left something to be desired ;-) You're a really skilled photographer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them! AHHH. I kept thinking of you as we drove through the TN mountains, actually. You live in a beautiful state!

      THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'm really glad you enjoyed them! I try to capture the beauty, but I think I only managed to capture a fraction of it. Creation is just too beautiful to be expressed through a lens.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the pictures from the smoky mountains! You are a talented photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAIT YOU WERE IN CHARLOTTE?!?! WHEN WERE YOU IN CHARLOTTE?

    I spent the first half of the month there we might have overlapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I WAS. You were there, too?? I was in Charlotte in mid-July...so like the 14th to the 16th, I believe? We actually have family there, so we visit quite often. We're going again for Thanksgiving. :)

      Delete
    2. We overlapped for a little over a day, then. I flew out the afternoon of the 15th.

      Aw, I wish I lived closer. It was a one-off visit last month.

      Delete
    3. Awww, too bad we couldn't meet up or anything. :/ You don't have to answer this if you don't want, but how far from Charlotte do you live?

      Delete
    4. Naw, it's fine. I'm almost 15 hours west, according to google maps.

      Delete
    5. Ahh. You're pretty far then. At least we were in the same city on the same day...even if we didn't know it. ;)

      Delete