i am redeemed //

12:14 PM


(Found this journal entry from a month ago and thought I would share it.)

// Romans 5-6

You are the God of new beginnings. Fresh starts. Clean pages.

You've scraped away the dirt and grime covering my heart and nailed it to a cross. When you went to that tree on Calvary, You thought of me by name.

"Mary."

Just that one name from Your lips conveyed your love for me. Infinite. Relentless. Unbridled.

You died for me. You took the weight of all my sin before I was even born and You bore it on Your shoulders. Now I am made new--a creation of love brought about by Your sacrifice. My sins have been atoned for with the spotless blood of my Savior.

And now I have peace. A new hope. "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." (Rom. 5:5)

Let me live like I'm free. Because I am. I am no longer a slave to the darkness; I am a child of the Light. 

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God."
~ Romans 5: 1-2

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OMW, MARY.I CAN'T. THIS POOSSSSTTT!!!!! GIRL. SO. BEAUTIFUL. <33333333
    -Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAHHHHH WHAT WILL I DO WITH YOUR SWEETNESS?! You're the best, okay? *hugs* <3

      Delete